Sunday, December 12, 2010

When You're Gone, You Leave Me With A Heartache.

29 November 2010

My days with 2/1 2010 are officially over.
Two years stormed by in a hurricane,
filled with a wide assortment of strong emotions and hilarious ventures.
Looking back, the time we spent together doesn't seem to be longer
than waiting for a bus at a bus stop
and I would give anything to relive those good old times,
random laughter, annoying the teachers...
These times couldn't have been better, honestly.
(As compared to my rather tragic primary school days...)

When You're Gone, You Leave Me With A Heartache. is hereby dedicated to my beloved 2/1 2010.

Early 2009, I came to ANDSS, stupidly wearing a tie and
eyeing people fearfully as I made my way to the hall.
I was terribly disappointed when I realised that Ronice and I weren't
in the same class.
There wasn't anyone I previously knew who was posted to 1/1 2009.
Stoned past the first assembly and thereafter.
Oh, the chaotic struggle as we rushed to get seats in our level 3 classroom,
determined to get a good spot near our ex-schoolmates...
I remembered wandering around like a lost child untill finally plonking myself
at the back, where the lockers stood.
Soraya, I'm so freaking glad you sat beside me then and helped me to open up,
else I would have been killed by the boredom I suffered in my icy prison.
Amni and Haziqah, I still remember how you two were talking animatedly during
the rehearsals for the badge-pinning ceremony while I sat behind you,
staring at Haziqah's hair which was ridiculously straight back then.

The first few days of orientation seems no more than a passing bird.
And yeah, German started. I figured that I seemed to be the only one taking 3rd lang
since no one else seemed to talk about it.
It was only through you, Kay Jan, that I learnt that Rachel and Lekhaa were also taking German on Thursday!
From then on we headed to MOELC with Kiah Eng, met Frau Anwar and the rest was history.

Soon, Mrs Lawrence shuffled our seats, making us sit in groups of four
in register order.
That was how I came into contact with Jia Wei, Joanne and Bei Le.
By then Jia Wei and Joanne were pretty much good friends and were often making fun
of Bei Le. I had fun watching you two annoy the shit out of him.
It was great sitting with you guys, I learned loads about the people in class,
e.g how Rachel always seems to have gastric in the morning and how Bei Le is some
freaking computer geek etc.
And Jia Wei, you were the first to send me a song via Bluetooth!
Thanks a lot! If you hadn't allowed me to raid your songs,
I wouldn't have realised that it was Avril Lavigne who sang Complicated.

Unfortunately, sitting in groups of four wasn't really practical as not everyone could look at the whiteboard without shifting their chairs which can be quite ear-piercing especially when the chairs are dragged (on purpose). Hence our seats were reshuffled into 4 columns, two seats broad and I ended up seating beside Sakthish.
All I knew of him was the baseless quarreling he and Tingyu, who was just goth-girl back then, engaged in during recess. Apparantly he likes doodling and annoying people very much. A memorable event occured during that term as well, me failing a maths test. I was really distressed and started crying in class. Joanne and Jia Wei, though sitting near the back of the class, wrote a really kind note which I still keep and got people to pass it to me. It gave me the strength to stop crying, that ordinary and now crumpled sheet of fullscap paper. Sakthish was really kind back then, he didn't even make fun of me over crying. In fact he later told me that he was shocked when I broke down suddenly as thought that I was too tough to cry. Hopelessly annoying you may be at times, you've really been a great friend. Dude.

The sports carnival 2009 was probably the best school sporting activity in my life. That in my primary school involved super dumb inter-house games where hardly anyone knew each other. We had fun owning everyone else and being the Champion Class.

The June holiday science project whereby we had to seperate water from a whole lot of random stuff was what brought me, Rachel, Kay Jan, Tingyu and Taiwen together. We spent much time being random and working out the project at my house. You lot were the first secondary school mates to drop over. It was then that I learnt about Taiwen's awesome cold jokes and Tingyu's fun-loving side behind the gothic/emo look she seems to portray in school. Sometimes I can't believe that my first impressions of many people in 2/1 2010 were so very off.

1/1 2009 helped me to open up, majorly open up since I was screaming madly in joy by the end of 2009 when the Post Exam Activities kicked in and we were having so much fun after the nutcase cramming.

2/1 2010 was just as awesome, if not more awesome seeing as I don't feel so guilty about being the insane me anymore. In fact, I believe that I owe my success in my studies to the class as, I only manage to learn stuff when I'm having fun. My life is pretty much governed by fun. Now it makes sense as to why I couldn't do just as well back in primary school.

2/1 2010, this song is for you XO.



And now, a quick run through of a few of our best days as a class.

Our awesome Sports Carnival 2009





Our Red Hot National Day Celebration 2009





And our dear Mrs Lawrence...





English Year-End ELC 2010
















2/1 has made capturing spastic expressions my new hobby =)

Our Rendevous at Terminal 3...
















And literally being our crazy but lovable selves on Be-Yourself Day...













Another song dedication,just to tell you how much I'll miss you.



And that's simply because...

You're The Best Damn Thing XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment