Sunday, December 12, 2010

Clap Your Hands Together For THE Class Chalet

15 November 2010

Last week was the all too fabulous 2/1 2010 class chalet!

It was great to be reunited with most of the class last Wednesday.

Not only did the chalet provide much needed relief from boredom

it donated a generous sum of fun and entertainment.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Many thanks to the people who organised the chalet,

namely Joanne, Julia and Jia Wei,

the 3 Powerpuff girls who persevered against all odds!!!

I'm guilty for not being exactly co-operative with you and

for not being much of a help.

So hope that you'll take this song as and appreciation-cum-apology gift

for now, promise to make it up to you properly someday.



PS: I can't sing for nuts but I guess you'll get the intentions anyway...

Now, for a quick run-over of how events turned out that day.

1. Met some 2/1-ians at Pasir Ris Mrt Station,
gathered with more of them at McDonalds' at Downtown East.

2. Watched the people bowl at E!Hub. (When you suck at sports, it's more
thrilling to watch others play. This also saves you from embarrassment.)
Hui Min and Ivan both got a strike each. Awesome skills there.
Anyway, it wasn't long before Ivan was showing-off while wearing
Chok Geow's cap and Joanne's sunshades. In the meantime, Hui Min proved
to be the best bowler in the girls' lane by whacking another 9/10.
The rest were decent, with many 9's amongst the guys and 3's amongst
the girls. I would've hit nothing, except my foot probably.

3. Had lunch at BBQ Chicken with Joanne, Hui Min, Julia, Kay Jan and Rachel.
It was hilarious to watch Joanne reason with Julia, trying to prove that
"July" was a band set up by Julia, the lead singer instead of a Korean Band;
while Julia kept insisting otherwise. Poor Julia, none of us had heard of
"July" and couldn't help her out of her predicament.

4. Checked into chalet with much credit to Tai Wen's Mum who did that on
top of paying extra $40, refusing any payment and saying "玩得开心就好了".
OMG. People like Afiq and Ivan seized the opportunity to draw comparisons
between Tai Wen and her Mum like how cute both of them are and how
much they look alike. Afiq said that he'd nearly mistaken Mrs. Chew for Tai Wen
and nearly cried out "Tai Wen, my love!" to the wrong person. Whoops.

5. Rented bikes for 1 hour with Rachel, Tai Wen and Kay Jan. We headed rather
far away from the chalet onto the beach where we made the "Rachel Volcano"
by burying Rachel's feet. The waves also revealed a starfish and a small crab,
besides the clam and mussel I picked up whilst seashell-hunting. Wow, I thought
marine life in Singapore had been doomed, glad to know that they're alive. We also
scavenged the beach for rocks and competing against each other to see who was the best rock-thrower. Pretty lame, but it was worth its fun.

6. Went back to the chalet and took a shower in the pool's changing rooms.
Rest of folks had gone to Wild Wild Wet, thanks to complimentary tickets from
Bi Feng. I suppose 28 pairs of free tickets is a worthy treat from the chalet
when you're staying there for a month while your house is being revamped.
It must've been great, seeing as they came back wild and wet.

7. The AMB-ians arrived slightly before dinner, that is, before the party fell
into full swing. Dinner comprised of chicken wings,satay, stingray,shiitake,baby
octopuses etc. BBQ-ed by the Powerpuff Girls and Tai Wen. You're super Tai Wen,
I don't know where you get your energy from. I was drained after cycling and all
but I'm glad I had enough kick to go BBQ a few marshmallows.
PS: Kay Jan, I don't think that I can forget the Mashed Potato and Marshmallow
mix-up we had over lunch, not for a very long time.

8. Beach-walked with Tingyu, Puqian, Ivan and Effy, Tai Wen, Kay Jan, Hui Min, Clevence, Rachel, Leonard. There was quite a lot of screaming about stepping into
mud but it was quite worth the dirt. I decided to take advantage of my camera's
auto-flash to grab a few night-time pictures. Unfortunately, the lovely eyeballs
of these lovely people reflected the flash too well and they got this horrid
red-eyed, Residents' Evil zombie look; and now Tingyu holds my camera skills
in question...

9. Listened and applauded a really honest farewell talk from Hui Min back at
the chalet. I'm gonna miss this awesome girl who is heading off to VJC next year.
For some reason, most of the 2/1-ians were gathered upstairs and as Kelvin said,
they were "having fun in bed". Thirst got over me and I snuck downstairs for a
drink, only to discover Joanne, Julia, Jia Wei, Clevence scheming to scare the
rest upstairs by charging in and pulling party-poppers. I offered to take pictures
of shocked expressions for Joanne but it was tough, with all the movement and the short time span courtesy of the inefficiency of the tiny party-poppers.
PS: Maybe my camera skills ought to be held in question after all, they are
horribly unpredictable.

10. Left the chalet, most unfortunately at 9pm with Fangmin and Tingyu. Pity that
we could not stay overnight, it would've been a total blast since things were almost in full swing when we left.

Here are a few pictures I've managed to salvage despite the red-eyed zombie and

ghostly looks of several individuals.



Kay Jan and Rachel at Orchid Bowl =).



Nice drinks that we had at lunch, Hui Min and Julia are the sweet people in the background.



Dinner time! Who minds their table manners when they aren't eating at tables?!



Fangmin and Rachel at the beach,one of the less-screwed-than-awesome flash pictures.



Haziqah! Having you decided to become Orange-Not-Red Riding Hood?



The 2/1-ians who had up on level 2 =).



Hui Min you awesome girl! Jia You at VJ ok?



Two single beds aren't enough for everyone...but sleeping at about 8pm? No way.



The best of the many failed party-popper scheme pictures.


2/1, I've got one more song here for you, hope that you'll love it.



I don't know why there's this sudden ABBA addiction here but

its the message they have that's more important.

But do pardon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment