Greetings!
This is THE season to be jolly,
so why not get out there to go a little nut?
The streets of Singapore are all decked out for the occasion,
stores are having unbelievably great Christmas ideas
and the food and beverage outlets are
doing their bit to boost the Christmas spirit.
Although Christmas is still two days away,
I'm thankful for having the privilege to check out this year's
celebratory events over the past two weeks.
17 December 2010
I was at Orchard (Takashimaya,Wisma,ION Orchard) with Joanne and Rachel
last week and we spent nearly half the day laughing ourselves crazy.
The 1st stop of our little trip was
at Takashimaya where the annual toy fair was held.
The crowd was sparse, which is not very surprising seeing as it was a weekday
and how most people do their Christmas shopping on weekends.
The fair featured multitudes of Disney soft toys,
spinning tops (including young boys fawning over them) and a Barbie pavilion.
The fact that a doll which is well over 50 years old could still look so young,
could own a stationery line, clothing line and earn millions in cartoon movies
is just tough to believe.
She has even branded boots!
And I'm sure that Joanne and Rachel would gladly point out that
I could fit into those boots. I'll have to admit that it is true.
PS: Honestly, if those weren't Barbie boots, I might've bought them.
(This is the time where you roll your eyeballs or yell at me)
Done.
As I have stated earlier many food and beverage outlets have been
coming out with new foods, news drinks, tempting packages etc. during
this festive season.
Well, one of these outlets include Seventh Heaven at Takashimaya.
They've come up with several new flavours to celebrate Christmas.
And one of them was Candy Cane Ice-cream.
It tasted and smelled real sweet, maybe bordering slightly on the
"sickeningly sweet" side for some of you.
Hence you might want to take a cue from Rachel and try
their Dark Chocolate Whisky Ice-cream.
Bet that you'd be pleased to hear that this one is available all year round.
The Myuk section of Takashimaya was also one of our stops.
There were tons of quirky stuff as usual, namely one collection
presenting stress in a sophisticated graph, one collection which states
blatantly that the items were made of 100% plastic, one collection which bears
and unusual resemblance to income tax forms and one that bore the words
"Nothing To Declare"
"I'm having an out of money experience."
There was also one that featured Adobe Photoshop like how one would see it
upon opening the program.
It was tempting for us to throw one of them at Bei Le. It totally suits him.
Plus, it's also 100% plastic. HAHAHAHA.
Without saying a trip to Orchard Road during the Christmas season
is terribly incomplete without checking out the tinsels and evergreens.
A "Beary" Christmas at Takashimaya.
A towering red and gold Christmas Tree at Ngee Ann City
(Reminds me of Hogwarts and Gryffindor)
Presents ON the tree. Literally.
Joanne is so pretty.
Quick snap at Wisma's decorations.
I didn't see Santa there, he must be very busy over at the North Pole
with all the wish lists raining down on him.
Is it too late to tell him that I'll want a late Christmas present this year?
I hope not.
What The Hell hits the air on 01 01 2011.
(Therefore 1 + 1 + 11 = WTH )
Goodbye Lullaby comes along on 08 03 2011
with the official track list stating that :
1. Blackstar
2. What The Hell
3. Push
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Smile
6. Stop Standing There
7. I Love You
8. Everybody Hurts
9. Not Enough
10. 4 Real
11. Darlin
12. Remember When
13. Goodbye
14. Alice (hidden track)
PS: It would be great if someone can teach me about hidden tracks.
I have no idea how this works.
But that's not the main point here...
I just want to say,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
BE AWESOME COS YOU ARE
No comments:
Post a Comment